My family and I love pizza! My brothers and sister love to help me out by decorating the pizza with all sorts of toppings, and Emma makes a mean sauce. Our favorite pizza to make is what we call the Ultimate Meat Pizza! If you make your pizza dough and store it in the freezer before hand, it really cuts down on time. All you have to do is set the dough out to thaw in the morning, and it will be ready to make a pizza by supper time. The recipe I am using for the pizza dough is also our bread recipe. It makes amazing pizza dough!
Pizza dough recipe: (makes three large pizzas)
- 3 ½ cups of warm water
- 3 heaping Tablespoons of yeast
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of salt
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of dough enhancer (optional)
- 1/3rd cups of honey
- 1/3rd cups of oil
- 5 cups plus two or more cups of flour
1. Pour warm water, yeast, salt, dough enhancer (optional), honey, oil, and five cups of the flour in a very large bowl. Stir. Keep adding flour and stirring till dough does not stick to the sides of the bowl (usually 2 or 3 more cups of flour). Pour dough onto an oiled surface and knead for about five minutes or until dough is soft and pliable and not sticky.
2. Divide the dough into three equal parts. If you’re just making one pizza then oil the bottom and sides of a container and freeze the other two pieces of dough. The frozen dough will last for about a week (the dough will rise a little in the freezer).
Making the pizza:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
For the sauce, just open a can of tomato puree and season the sauce with Italian seasoning and garlic salt till it tastes the way you want it.
- 1 pkg. of pepperonis
- 1 pkg. of Canadian bacon
- 1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ lb of turkey burger (cooked)
1. Roll out the pizza dough and place on a large round pizza pan (greased). Poke holes all over the crust with a fork. Bake the crust for 7 minutes.
2. Spread about ½ cup of the sauce on the crust. Next, sprinkle the cheese on, then add the rest of the toppings.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes till the crust is done.